Thursday, March 26, 2009

baptism

i have been baptised as Audrey Esther Tsan today. :)

it's been a really long and windy road.. from knowing and believing, to straying and back again, it's been a looong 7 years 6 months and 4 days.

Lord, there's so much to thank You for.

i was born Audrey, but i chose to be baptised as Audrey Esther.

firstly because Audrey is such a huge part of my identity.

Esther because the name means star. i want to be a star in the dark night sky, bringing light and hope to all in the world.

Esther also because Queen Esther in the book of Esther encompasses a lot of the qualities i myself would love to have, such as wisdom, courage and compassion.

nearly 21 years ago, i was born Audrey Tsan.

today, i'm thankful for the chance to be born again as Audrey Esther Tsan.

thank you Lord, for all that you've done for me. for staying with me. for loving even me.

No comments: